Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So many things to be thankful for.

I am so thankful for the many blessings in our house this year. Alejandro is growing so quickly and is always amazing me with all that he know and shares with us. We have recently made a big accomplishment in our house hold and that is that Alejandro slept through the night and in his own room the last two nights and this is a big step for us. I know some may think he is about to be two he should have been sleeping on his own a long time ago and I understand this too, but I had a hard time letting go and so did he. I thought a lot of why that could be and I think it was because on the day he was born everything happened so quickly and I was not able to see him until the evening of his birth as he was in the NICU and I was not able to hold him until the next day, which made me letting him sleep on his own so much harder. Now I know I am blessed that he is so strong, healthy, and smart. Alejandro sleeping on his own is a blessing for him and for us this Thanksgiving.
I am also very thankful for all the things Alejandro knows good and bad. He speaks so much and has developed a new found love for Elmo. He goes around the house in his pj's singing "La, La, La, La Elmo's worllld" it is so cute and puts a smile on my face. He has also developed a love for Adale by mommy listening to her and knows some of the lyrics in the songs. He also knows his alphabet in Spanish and the sounds that go with the letters. He is a very bossy baby telling mommy and daddy exactly what he wants like "sienta te hay", "Dame lo" and "No" he keeping mommy on her toes and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Like I said so much to be thankful for this year and I am blessed beyond words. My family is my world and I just wanted to share what is new in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment