Friday, March 12, 2010

My baby boy

So after a long wait for Alejandro he finally made it into this world February 19, 2010 at 4:49 in the morning. He weighed 6lbs 15 oz. His arrival was a bumpy one and taught me so much more about inner strength and the love that a mother has for her child. After being in labor for almost 12hrs. we lost his heart beat and the doctor decided that we needed to do an emergency c-section. I was so scared and nervous, but I also knew that I had to do what was best for my son and getting him here safely was the most important thing at that moment. We went in and in just a few minutes mijo was here. Since he was late he had inhaled some of his fluids and they took him from us just as quickly as he was here. He went to the NICU and we were told that he was already doing better but as a precaution they had already started him on antibiotics and he would have to stay in the hospital anywhere from 7-10 days. All this seemed like a dream to me a very scary one and it was so hard to be in the hospital and not be able to see or hold my baby boy. God gave me strength and late that night I was able to see my baby boy for the first time. The very next morning I was able to hold my baby for the first time and that was the most beautiful and amazing experience ever. Even though he had to be in NICU I feel he was truly blessed with some amazing people all around him that really seemed to love and care for him. He had some great nurses that made the whole experience a better one for Paul and I. They explained each day everything that was happening with mijo and let us be involved as much as possible with him. There was even a nurse that fell for mijo so much that she wanted to keep him. She was such an inner strength for us at a time that was so hard for us. I am thankful for her and all the nurses that kept letting us know how strong mijo was and that he was there more as a precaution and because he had to finish his antibiotics. Alejandro was able to leave the hospital after seven days in the hospital and I feel that his time there was a learning experience for Paul and I on how strong we are as a couple to get through this all and our strength and love as parents.
When we were finally able to get mijo home he was a week old and had already gained a whole pound in a week. We were so excited to finally get our baby boy home and get our little family home and learn all the joys of being new parents. Mijo has done so well since he has made it home. He is now three weeks old and so strong and beautiful. He is a wonderful baby with such a great personality. When we took him for a check up last week he was already 8lbs 9oz. I can not believe how much he is growing and how quickly. God has truly blessed me with such an amazing son and I can not believe how much strength and happiness he has brought into my life in such a small amount of time. I am so amazed how much love I can have for such a tiny little person in such a small amount of time, I now can not even imagine my life with out him and now I feel so complete. Paul and I have such an amazing little family now and even with the cries in the middle of the night, cries when wet or dirty we would not trade one moment of it. We now know what it feels like to have such an amazing child that lights up our world.

I am so blessed now and Alejandro is my life. He looks just like his daddy and I say that is because I love his daddy so much God gave me a mini version of him. Every day I learn so much about him and a love that a mother has for her child. I am so happy and complete and Alejandro Javier is the beautiful love that his parents created.

No comments:

Post a Comment